Get the best results you can from Content.ad by following their best practices and learning a few simple tips and tricks.
Content.Ad Best Practices Page
Content.ad is a native sponsored content platform that can drive new, highly engaged customers to your webpage. Since every native ad has the exact same goal—getting people to click—how can you get the best results out of Content.ad? We’ll show you how to use Content.ad best practices so that you can increase your CTR (click-through rate) and decrease your CPC (cost per click).
Campaign optimization tips
1. Set a goal for your content creation strategy. What are you trying to accomplish? What does success look like for you?
2. Increase your CPC. This may be the most important factor for getting the results you want. Content.ad recommends increasing your CPC by at least a few cents for the best chance to increase traffic.
3. Invest in innovative formats such as videos and podcasts. Expand to other forms of social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. According to Business Insider, native Facebook ads have a click through rate that is 49 times higher than standard ads.
4. Consider using video: 87% of video marketers say that video has increased traffic to their website, and 43% more people say they are more likely to watch a video than they are to read content. The only trick is that it still has to contain quality content—you can’t just throw anything out there.
5. Choose a different campaign for each device. Not targeting mobile devices could be the biggest mistake you’re making, as people are spending more time on their smartphones: The average person spends three hours and 15 minutes on their phone every day. If you’re a millennial, it’s even more—about 5.7 hours.
6. Target your money where it’s most effective by Whitelisting web pages that appeal to your target audience and blacklisting those that don’t draw the customers you want. Your target audience has websites they go to, and others they never visit. People who are interested in deep-sea fishing don’t visit TMZ, so you can safely blacklist TMZ and similar pages.
7. Test and retest your campaigns. Use what’s working and toss what’s not. Change things frequently—people will tune out things they’ve seen before.
8. Pair different headlines with different images to see which gets the best CTR. Brax can help you figure this out.
9. Consider targeting geographically: International campaigns can increase your CTR. Different countries have different average CTRs, from Malaysia at .30 to Finland at .05. You can target demographics that are interested in your industry and increase your CTR.
10. Study examples of what your peers are doing. Why are they successful and where could they do better? This will help you figure out what you do better and how you’re unique.
11. Create a campaign for each device: mobile phone, tablet, and laptop in order to create a more tailored and personalized experience.
12. Set up specific campaigns for URL, device type, and country, and then evaluate by ROI. See which specific campaigns work in which countries and across which industries, and then adapt accordingly.
13. Don’t forget the CTA (call to action) that’s simple and stands out. Include a button users can click on—make it easy for them.
1. Create short headlines. On average, people read about 28% of the words on a webpage. Create short, punchy, to-the-point headlines. The odds are that the headline is all they’re going to read, so make it count. Headlines on Content ad must be 60 characters or less.
2. Provide valuable content. Most people hate ads. But if you tell them a story or provide valuable information, they’ll be more likely to click, and then they might become loyal customers.
3. Use numbers. Headlines that use numbers are more likely to be clicked on and shared. There’s a reason why there are so many “Top five ways to look younger!” headlines out there. Ten is the highest performing number, followed by five, fifteen and seven, but using any number is better than none.
4. Use adjectives. Which sounds better, “Woman paints sunsets” or “Woman paints dazzling, colorful sunsets”? Not only do adjectives make your headlines punchier, but they make them more unique. Just try not to sound like an ad or make promises you can’t keep.
5. Ask questions. Who, what, where, why: These words inspire curiosity if they’re used well. When you ask a question in your headline, make sure you can supply the answer.
1. Use photos that reflect your customer. If you’re trying to get 20-somethings to click on your webpage, use a 20-something in your ad. Always make sure to use good-quality, well-lit photographs—not drawings or charts.
2. Use people. People like people. Photos with people in them create empathy. Keep your customer in mind, and use people in your ads. If you can get an original photo (rather than using an image source), even better. If the subjects are smiling, better still!
3. Use large photos. Bigger photos attract more attention. You can feature photos up to 300x250 pixels on Content.ad, so make sure you do!
Content.Ad Best Practices Page
Image Size: 760x500 (recommended), 300x250 (minimum)
Max Headline Characters: 60 characters. Use [Country], [State], [City], or Postal_Code] to display viewer's location.
Min Recommended CPC Start Desktop: $0.01
Min Recommended CPC Start Mobile: $0.01
Minimum Budget: $100
Location Targeting: Country, Region, State
Device Targeting: Desktop, Mobile (Smartphones)
Maximum Ads Approved: 40-50 Ads Per Account (No more than 10-15 ads per URL)
Annotations (Circles or Arrows Images):No
For other FAQs, visit https://help.content.ad
Ads Will Be Rejected if:
- Mismatched landing page URL
- Content that is false, deceptive, or misleading.
- Content that may be illegal in any applicable jurisdiction or that promotes illegal activity.
- Content that is hateful, discriminatory, abusive, intolerant, obscene, offensive, exploitative, harassing, threatening, or inciting violence.
- Content that promotes dangerous, violent, or harmful behavior or that we feel may otherwise cause harm to our users for any reason.
- Nudity or pornographic content.
Use Brax to optimize your Content.ad results
Setting up a native campaign can feel overwhelming at first, but you can relax. At Brax, we know how to get the most from your Content.ads, and we can help you optimize your campaign to increase your ROI. Sign up for your free 15-day trial today.